Vinorelbine (NVB), sold under the brand name Navelbine among others, is a chemotherapy medication used to treat a number of types of cancer. This includes breast cancer and non-small cell lung cancer. Vinorelbine was approved for medical use in the United States in 1994. It is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines. Vinorelbine is approved for the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer. It is used off-label for other cancers such as metastatic breast cancer. It is also active in rhabdomyosarcoma.
Are you looking for or in search of FDA approved “Vinorelbine injection in India”? “Medicant Healthcare” a registered pharmacy firm in India deals in both brand name as well as generic name Drugs / medicine approved for breast cancer and non-small cell lung cancer. Need Access of Vinorelbine injection, get in touch with our healthcare professional.
Vinorelbine is approved to treat metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Lung cancer is the second most commonly diagnosedTrusted Source type of cancer worldwide (11.4 percent), after female breast cancer (11.7 percent). NSCLC is also the most common type of lung cancer.
NAVELBINE is a vinca alkaloid indicated:
- In combination with cisplatin for first-line treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- As a single agent for first-line treatment of patients with metastatic NSCLC
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- In combination with cisplatin: 25 to 30 mg/m2 as an intravenous injection or infusion once weekly
- Single agent: 30 mg/m2 as intravenously once a week
- Adjust dose in patients with decreased neutrophil counts or elevated serum total bilirubin
DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
- Injection: 10 mg/1 mL and 50 mg/5 mL in single-dose vial