A drug that binds to the protein PD-L1 to help immune cells kill cancer cells better and is used to treat different types of cancer. Durvalumab is used alone or with other drugs to treat adults with certain types of extensive-stage small cell lung cancer or stage III non-small cell lung cancer. It is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer. Durvalumab may block PD-L1 and help the immune system kill cancer cells. It is a type of monoclonal antibody and a type of immune checkpoint inhibitor. Also called Imfinzi. US Brand Name(s): Imfinzi. FDA Approved: Yes
Are you looking for or in search of FDA approved “durvalumab injection, for intravenous use in India”? “Medicant Healthcare” a registered pharmacy firm in India deals in both brand name as well as generic name Drugs / medicine approved for Lung cancer treatment. Need Access of “durvalumab injection, for intravenous use, get in touch with our healthcare professional.
Durvalumab is approved to treat:
- Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). It is used in adults with stage III NSCLC that cannot be removed by surgery and did not get worse after platinum chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Small cell lung cancer in adults. It is used with etoposide phosphate and either carboplatin or cisplatin as the first treatment in adults with extensive-stage cancer.
Durvalumab is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved durvalumab for certain types of bladder and lung cancer:
- Adults with locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma who either have disease progression during or following platinum-containing chemotherapy or have disease progression within 12 months of neoadjuvant or adjuvant treatment with platinum-containing chemotherapy.
- Adults with unresectable, Stage III non-small cell lung cancer whose disease has not progressed following concurrent platinum-based chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- In combination with etoposide and either carboplatin or cisplatin, as first-line treatment for adults with extensive-stage small cell lung cancer.