A drug that is similar to thalidomide and is used alone or with other drugs to treat adults with certain types of follicular lymphoma, marginal zone lymphoma, mantle cell lymphoma, multiple myeloma, or anemia caused by certain types of myelodysplastic syndromes. It is also being studied in the treatment of other conditions and types of cancer. Lenalidomide may help the immune system kill abnormal blood cells or cancer cells. It may also prevent the growth of new blood vessels that tumors need to grow. Lenalidomide is a type of antiangiogenesis agent and a type of immunomodulating agent. Also called CC-5013 and Revlimid. US Brand Name(s): Revlimid. FDA Approved Yes
Are you looking for or in search of FDA approved “lenalidomide capsules, for oral use in India”? “Medicant Healthcare” a registered pharmacy firm in India deals in both brand name as well as generic name Drugs / medicine approved for lymphoma. Need Access of “lenalidomide capsules, for oral use” for oral use for oral use, get in touch with our healthcare professional.
In 2006, lenalidomide received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) clearance for use in combination with dexamethasone in people with multiple myeloma who have received at least one prior therapy. In 2017, the FDA approved lenalidomide as standalone maintenance therapy (without dexamethasone) for people with multiple myeloma following autologous stem cell transplant.
In 2009, The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence issued a final appraisal determination approving lenalidomide in combination with dexamethasone as an option to treat people with multiple myeloma who have received two or more prior therapies in England and Wales.
The use of lenalidomide combined with other drugs was evaluated. It was seen that the drug combinations of lenalidomide plus dexamethasone and continuous bortezomib plus lenalidomide plus dexamethasone probably result in an increase of the overall survival.
Lenalidomide is approved to treat:
- Anemia caused by certain types of myelodysplastic syndromes. It is used in adults.
- Follicular lymphoma in adults who have already received other treatment. It is used with rituximab.
- Mantle cell lymphoma in adults whose disease recurred (came back) or got worse after two other treatments, including bortezomib.
- Marginal zone lymphoma in adults who have already received other treatment. It is used with rituximab.
- Multiple myeloma in adults. It is given with dexamethasone. It is also used alone as maintenance therapy in adults who received an autologous stem cell transplant.
Lenalidomide is also being studied in the treatment of other conditions and types of cancer.