This medication is used alone or with other medications to treat moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis in adults. It is also used to treat rheumatoid arthritis in children (such as polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis-PJIA, systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis-SJIA). It helps to reduce pain and swelling due to rheumatoid arthritis. Tocilizumab is used to treat giant cell arteritis. It helps to reduce swelling in your blood vessels so blood can flow more easily. This medication is also used to slow down the decrease in lung function in people with a certain type of lung disease (systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease – SSc-ILD). Tocilizumab belongs to a class of drugs known as Interleukin-6 (IL-6) blockers. It works by blocking IL-6, a substance made by the body that causes swelling (inflammation).
Are you looking for or in search of FDA approved “sacituzumab govitecan-hziy for injection in India”? “Medicant Healthcare” a registered pharmacy firm in India deals in both brand name as well as generic name Drugs / medicine approved for Breast Cancer. Need Access of sacituzumab govitecan-hziy injection, get in touch with our healthcare professional.
- rheumatoid arthritis (a condition in which the body attacks its own joints, causing pain, swelling, and loss of function) in adults who have not been helped by other disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs),
- giant cell arteritis (a condition that causes swelling of blood vessels, especially in the scalp and head) in adults,
- systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD; also known as scleroderma-associated ILD: a lung disease that involves scarring of the lungs) in adults,
- polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (PJIA; a type of childhood arthritis that affects five or more joints during the first six months of the condition, causing pain, swelling, and loss of function) in children 2 years of age or older.
- systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis (SJIA; a condition in children that causes inflammation in different areas of the body, causing fever, joint pain and swelling, loss of function, and delays in growth and development) in children 2 years of age or older,
- cytokine release syndrome (a severe and possibly life-threatening reaction) in adults and children 2 years of age or older after receiving certain immunotherapy infusions.
Tocilizumab injection is in a class of medications called interleukin-6 (IL-6) receptor inhibitors. It works by blocking the activity of interleukin-6, a substance in the body that causes inflammation.